First Endodontist Visit
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your endodontic referral slip. Please note that we will take our own x-rays and or a 3D scan to obtain a comprehensive diagnosis.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.) or require medication prior to dental cleanings (i.e antibiotics, for pre-med.)
Coastal Endodontics does not discriminate against any patient regardless of age, race, color, nationality, disability or gender. We offer our services in English. If you require a translator that must be worked out at the time of your scheduling.
Why do I need to see the Endodontist?
Endodontic treatment is recommended by your general dentist when there is an infectious process within the tooth or the bone.
If you have been referred for a root canal treatment, you’re probably concerned about what this entails.
- Root canal therapy is a safe and wise investment. It eliminates not only the pain itself that you may be experiencing, but the cause of the pain as well.
- Root canal therapy treats the cause of pain, retains the natural tooth, and is the most conservative route for the affected tooth-one that will help you maintain your overall dental health for years to come.
Over 14 million root canal procedures are performed per year, with the success and safety of treatment well documented. Studies have shown that up to 95% of root canals are successful. Endodontic treatment, or root canal therapy, may require as little as one or two visits. During your initial consultation, our Specialists will use a focused dental exam that includes a pulp vitality test, digital x-rays, and sometimes a 3D scan to diagnose and discuss your dental needs and options.
New to Our Office?
- New Patient Registration Forms
- Dental Insurance Information & Payment Options
- Get Directions to Our Offices in Richmond Hill, Hinesville & St. Simons Island
Ready to schedule a consultation?
Hinesville: Hinesville – Liberty Trail Phone Number Hinesville - Liberty Trail Phone Number 912-463-4405
Richmond Hill: Richmond Hill Phone Number Richmond Hill Phone Number 912-756-5960
St. Simons Island: Saint Simons Island Phone Number Saint Simons Island Phone Number 912-268-2800