Ready to schedule a consultation?
Hinesville: Hinesville - Liberty Trail Phone Number 912-463-4405
Richmond Hill: Richmond Hill Phone Number 912-756-5960
St. Simons Island: Saint Simons Island Phone Number 912-268-2800
Before leaving our office on your initial visit, you will have all of the pre & post instructions needed for your safety and quick healing. We have added them here as an added convenience.
Please refer to your specific procedure below:
Before Sedation Appointment
These instructions are for your safety. If you should have any questions, please call us.
Food, Drink, and Smoking
Do not eat or drink anything within 6 hours before your surgery appointment (no liquids including water, chewing gum, or solid food of any kind). If you have eaten within 6 hours of your surgery the intravenous anesthesia used could cause nausea and vomiting during the procedure creating serious complications that can be fatal.
Smoking causes vasoconstriction and will delay healing. Do not smoke prior to the procedure.
Required medications should be brought with you the morning of surgery and will be given to you by your doctor.
It is required that a responsible family member or friend drive you to your appointment, stay in the waiting area until your surgery is completed (or be available within 5 minutes), and then drive you home.
This person must report with you to the doctor prior to the surgery and should be prepared to spend the entire morning at the clinic. If you do not bring someone with you, you will not be treated.
TO HELP WITH YOUR RECOVERY, PLAN ON HAVING A RESPONSIBLE ADULT STAY WITH YOU AT HOME FOR ABOUT 6 HOURS AFTER THE SURGERY.
Any person under the age of 18, who is not an emancipated minor must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who must sign a consent to treatment.
Clothing, Makeup, and Valuables
Wear comfortable, loose clothing, and low-heeled shoes. Leave all jewelry and valuables at home. Our clinic is not responsible for any loss or damage of personal items.
Eye makeup, lipstick, nail polish, or other cosmetics should not be worn. Contacts should be removed.
After Sedation Appointment
- Have your escort take you home and rest for the remainder of the day.
- Have an adult stay with you until you’re fully alert.
- Don’t perform any strenuous or hazardous activities and don’t drive a motor vehicle for the next 24 hours.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal immediately. If you’re hungry, eat something light, e. g. liquids and toast.
- If you experience nausea, lie down for a while or drink a glass of water.
- Don’t drink alcohol for the rest of the day.
- Take medications as directed by your dentist.
Before Endodontic Therapy
After Endodontic Therapy
Surgical / Apicoectomy Appointment
Before Apicoectomy Appointment
After Apicoectomy Treatment
New to Our Office?
- What to Expect at Your First Visit
- New Patient Registration Forms
- Dental Insurance Information & Payment Options
- Get Directions to Our Offices in Richmond Hill, Hinesville & St. Simons Island